Who supported the establishment of our IRC and why is that important?
- The Alexander Industry Relations Corporation was formed by Council Member Bill Paul and AIRC CEO, Allan Paul.
- Chief and Council then supported this process through a Band Council Resolution.
- All information is continuously brought before the elders of our community who we have met with approximately every 2 months since the inception of the IRC.
- If you do not have the full support of leadership, staff and the community you will be faced with confusion which will cause setbacks in the community mandated work of the IRC.
- Therefore, community support and communication is paramount in the development of this process.
Who funds the Alexander IRC?
- The Alexander Industry Relations Corporation is funded directly from Resource companies who are presently developing or active within our Traditional Territory.
- Several different agreements are being developed by our corporation such as:
- Memorandum Of Understanding’s,
- Consultation and Commitment Agreements
- Participation Agreements
- Long Term Operating Agreements
- Fee for Service working arrangements
- These agreements were based on several factors with the major one being the type of development.
- An Alexander First Nation Consultation Policy has been developed in conjunction with our legal council which was approved by leadership and our Elders.
- Our Traditional Land Use area map was also developed in conjunction with our Elders and many years of research by the community. It is a work in progress.
- These documents have been distributed to both levels of government as well as industry proponents.