Diabetes Care and Prevention Program
Are you at risk for Diabetes or been Diagnosed with Diabetes????
Do you have family members with Diabetes? Have you had any babies that weighed over 9lbs at birth? Overweight? Any symptoms of High or Low blood sugar??? Then you have a greater risk of Diabetes!!!
My name is Joanna Campiou many of you may already know me? I am a Licensed Practical Nurse and I work alongside the Homecare program. I have an extensive background in working with Diabetes clients and am very knowledgeable in this area.
What my program offers:
- Diabetes care
- Diabetes prevention
- Diabetes Education
- Blood glucose monitor teaching
- Nutrition counseling in conjunction with Yvette Bowman (YTC Dietician)
- Random Blood sugar testing
- Blood pressure checks
- In home table top teaching for Diabetes patients and their families in regards to proper care of the Diabetic
- Outside Referrals to enhance Diabetes Care
- Most importantly Diabetic counseling and support
Elders have expressed their sadness because "Diabetes is killing our people" and so this is what it is, a killer.
I am available on a walk in basis or I am willing to do in home care and teaching!
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment please contact me at 780-939-4787